Sunday, January 01, 2012

Hawaii, up and around

You know how they call them 'red-eye' flights? Yeah, well, so much for just the 'red-eye' part. It took us a good 36 hours to recover from the sleep-deprived fog that followed our red-eye flight from Honolulu to LAX.

20111230 at the Airport
Kicking back, waiting for our 11pm flight.

We've finished doing laundry, restocked our fridge, reacquainting ourselves with English/European soccer (football) standings, are getting in a huge fix of football (U.S. variety) bowl games, and are checking, editing and uploading photos. Here are some of the 'up and around' snapshots:

Lots of opportunities for great photos at my parents' place.

Hibiscus

And orchids, from my aunt/uncle's place, next door.

Orchid

Orchids


I joined the 'From Where I Stand' group on Flickr a few months back, in case you're wondering about all the photos with me and my hiking sandals/feet.

Orchids
At the North Shore, checking out what I think are really small opihi
20111226 Opihi
and cooling off our toes. Like my hiking tan lines?

20111226 North Shore

After driving further north around the island, chips and margaritas at Cholos in Haleiwa, Oahu. Nom!

Lunch at Cholos
During our stay, I managed to get in a couple good runs, plus a few walks, for about 17 miles total. Since we normally walk – but NEVER run – I consider this to be quite the accomplishment. I went for runs right out the front door, which pretty much left my parents speechless. Seriously. They were thinking, “Who knew?!”.

Kahalu'u fishpond, from my last run there.

Kahalu'u fishpond 

0 comments: