Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb10: Make

I'm taking inspiration from a 31-day blogging challenge called reverb10, responding to writing prompts that are designed to allow bloggers to reflect on 2010 and to send out reverberations for 2011. You can find out more about it here.

Day 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

20101116_Cranes

The last things I made were origami cranes. I cut squares out of pages from magazines, looking for nice big pretty pictures. Not that I have stacks of pages torn out of magazines with nice, big pretty pictures or anything.

Wikipedia says: The crane in Japan is one of the mystical or holy creatures (others include the dragon and the tortoise), and is said to live for a thousand years. In Japan, it is commonly said that folding 1000 paper origami cranes makes a person's wish come true. This makes them popular gifts for special friends and family.

I haven't folded 1000 cranes this time around. Yet. I'm making them one or two at a time and sending them out into the wild.

I found some instructions here. The square base in step 6 is tricky, so I found an additional set of instructions for that part, here.

As for the part about something I want to make, but need to clear some time for, it may have something to do with stacks of pages torn out of magazines with nice, big pretty pictures, if, let's say, I had these stacks  ...

0 comments: