Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hot



From a few weeks ago, but something about the sentiment seemed to be about on target. Did I mention my a/c unit stopped working a few days ago? Great. Did I mention that it's been pretty warm? And humid? Great.

Anyway, I've been enjoying Robin's new sketches, and had been noticing how much I've also been enjoying her sharing quotes. Somedays you just read or hear things that are worth passing on, compared to being able to sit, write and end up with something original and inspiring. Some days the inspiration and coherence are harder to tap into. So, today's S'Bucks cup came with this, which somehow seemed generally appropriate, actually -

The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.
- Anne Morriss, Starbucks cup, "The Way I See It" #76


Everyone that's been holding back: Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and jump in.
With both feet.
The water's just fine.

Hope everyone out there's been doing well and keeping safely cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My friends AC unit just went out too! Must be a conspiracy. But it's hotter in Cali I think... we're getting lots of thunderstorms. I just hope it is clear Sunday when we fly to LA and onto Australia!! I miss your comments on my blog woman!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's cooling off some, and I'm glad. Those past weeks were just brutal.

I am committed to finding a cool spot to take a break in! If it gets hot like that again I will just have to be committed, period.