Wednesday, June 06, 2007

And lastly, back to work!



I’ve been ...

- Workin’
- Keeping up with helping edit the new students’ resumes.
- Finishing up final sketches and renderings with my other class and wondering if I can find nice cookies (Tony just perked up) or something to bring for our last class.
- Researching and calling around to secure sponsors for our local chapter’s event.
- Enjoying hearing Karen and Robin’s comments about the group show at Lori’s house, and then running into Gaylord (who was my instructor in school) the next Monday, who was talking about it, and then finally realizing Lori is married to Gaylord. Small world.
- Wishing I could find a way to be in Hawaii this weekend to help host the Alumni Luau with my classmates. I’m sending warm thoughts to the rest of the piquant gang out there; have an extra one for me at the post-luau wrap party, ‘eh?
- Making the mental note to not stray so far from what makes me tick again to pass up on a hectic whirlwind 2-3/4 day trip to Hawaii to be with all those great, warm, funny people. Auwe!
- Hoping that Jen’s ride is going well. Jen couldn’t make the luau either, but had a very gallant and heartfelt excuse. She's awesome. Look at that smile! Go Jen Go!
- Thinkin’ that I ought to finish up the work stuff and get to the painting part of it all.
- Planning the next trip to celebrate summer vacation.
- Really enjoying my new usb wireless broadband card and direct connection to the internet for my desktop. Yay :)
- Cruising around LinkedIn.
- Thinking about adding the FridgeDoor toBlogHer and wondering, "Is this blog more about Art and Design? Or about Life? What category do I fit in?" and then starting to think, maybe it's really about procrastination. Hm. Let me think about that ...
- Missing the design gals and thinking that it’s been way too long since I’ve heard from them.
- Listening to “Getting Things Done” and thinking I need to write down my lists. ALL of ‘em. And get the stuff out of my brain.

- and noticing that the agapathus along the walkway have bloomed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cookies! did someone say cookies! .. I love Cookies!

Anonymous at work

Wendee said...

Oh, now there's a surprise ... Like I was sayin' ...

Andrea said...

lovely detail!

Wendee said...

Thanks!