Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A small place



Just got back from a road trip, which this photo has nothing to do with. I'll get to posting the photos and the trip stuff a little later.

I'm just feeling tired and worn out, like I was feeling before I left, and this sense of feeling very, very small is something that I haven't been able to shake. Everything seems to take double the effort; like I'm really not being heard. Like I'm really. Not. Being. Heard. Like I'm getting that backhand wave-off from everywhere. It seems like it's been going on for months and it's really wearing me down.

I miss being 20 minutes away from the water. I miss the long walks in the early morning fog. I don't have a new sanctuary yet. I'm feeling very ungrounded.

I'm just feeling

really

small.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back - I hear you!

I'm wondering if the feeling has to do with sort of being a stranger in a strange land - a newcomer to your area. Maybe it will pass as you become more acclimated? I hope so.

Nina Berry said...

You've been very brave and bold, making a big change in your life. You are to be congratulated! But some loneliness and disconnection is bound be come as part of that. Hope you feel better soon... Do some things just for yourself, stuff you love and that are completely you. You'll get through it. Hang in there!

Wendee said...

Sigh. Thanks Karen

Unknown said...

Wendee
I have only recently been reading your blog. I take it you moved?
You will find your place of peace.
Just give yourself sometime and allow it to happen.

Anonymous said...

My approach is to find the best about the change and zero in on that. A gratitude journal, visiting the new muffin shop often, a drive down the new road that is bursting with flowers, sketching your new environment.
Acknowledge that which you miss, yet when you feed it, make it special.
When I had to move from the Bay Area, it was not as easy to visit, yet I make a point to go once a year, and plan in advance to see all those people that will always be special to me. I am always surprised at how quickly October rolls around.
Find the sunshine Wendee.