Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bosses’ Day

Bosses’ Day is today, October 16th, a Sunday. What folly there is in having Bosses’ Day on a weekend this year?

I ran across a poll that asked managers what they’d most like to receive from someone they managed. My first thoughts were of managers thinking “Oh, please let them stop badgering me about raises!”, and “Oh, please let them not be keeping a ‘My Crazy Boss’ blog about me... using work computers, on company time!” (Managers would say "Oh, please"?). But neither is really something that one could give or receive. There’s a snide comment in there waiting to happen about wanting to give someone a piece of my mind, but that’s not what The Fridge Door is all about. We’ll have to all go in search of the ‘MyCrazyBoss’ blog for that.

Anyway, it turns out the best, and most-repeated answer was something like: the best gift is to hear appreciation from those that you lead that you are making a difference in their lives. To my good bosses out there: Thanks. You know who you are, even without having to read it in my little blog. Your faith and trust were always clear to me, and I appreciate it still. I owe you guys some ice cream. :)

0 comments: