Friday, October 21, 2005

Quotes (well, not quite)

And of course, the quotes on the fridge. They usually offer deeper insight into what people are thinking, hoping and striving for. I have to admit that I'm working on hunting down authors for the ones that I have up. But, in the meantime, you can enjoy these movie quotes. You can find more at www.imdb.com. Endless hours of distraction.

I think it's a koala, an evil koala.
-– from Lilo and Stitch

Anna Scott: I can't believe you have that picture on your wall.
William: You like Chagall?
Anna Scott: I do. It feels like how being in love should be. Floating through a dark blue sky.
William: With a goat playing the violin…
Anna Scott: Yes - happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat.
-- from Notting Hill

You can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em.
There's something irresistable-ish about 'em.
We grin :) and bear it 'cause the nights are long.
I hope that something better comes along.
-– from The Muppet Movie [did you realize that there are Muppet USPS stamps now?]

Jane Aubrey: You ever gotten your heart broken?
Billy Chapel: Yeah. When we lost the pennant in '87

Jane Aubrey: What if my face was all scraped off and I was totally disfigured and had no arms and legs and I was completely paralyzed. Would you still love me?
Billy Chapel: No. But we could still be friends.
-- from For Love of the Game


There were more gems, but I didn’t copy them all down. Besides, I don’t like the idea of your being distracted from work for so long. I’d hate to have your work IT department ban you access to my little blog... :)

1 comments:

Wendee said...

I've been meaning to add:
"Oh my.. " - Annie Savoy