Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Huntington Sketch Crawl





Wow, it’s been a while. I’ve been working too hard, and alternately running too hard (by choice!), or just plain distracted. So, I’d say that the trip to the Huntington Library and Gardens was well-timed. Five of us lingered in the Shakespeare Garden, the Japanese Garden, and enjoyed all the cactus plants in the Australian Garden. The weather turned out to be bright and warm and we enjoyed a good break in the rain as well. The time went really quickly, and all of a sudden, we were being ushered towards the entrance in time for closing.

So much more left to see, even though I’ve been there before. There’ll be a return trip to enjoy the gardens more fully, and the artwork as well…



My photos and sketches are posted on my flickr site


And more from the group:
Robin’s
Karen’s SketchCrawl, Shakespeare’s Garden, and Cactus/Australian Garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm finally catching up on my mail! Your drawings are wonderful, Wendee, and I got the chance to enjoy the trip all over again through your rendering.

Wendee said...

Thanks Karen! :)

Gerald de Dios said...

Great sketchcrawl entries. They look like concept art for environments.