Monday, April 10, 2006

More painting




A little more playing with images that I have in my mind. I'm thinking I need to go back to playing with watercolors, to let the water control the blending of the pigment a bit, or .. with acrylics, to let each successive layer dry a bit more permanently than either gouache or watercolor... I'm trying to work with subtle transparent layers and I find myself struggling with idea of glazing on gouache, without glopping on too much water. I hear, "Glaze, Wendee! Glaze", over and over.
[sigh] We'll see.

The breezy grass scene is a study of something I've had in my mind, actually, for quite a while. When it's all said and done, I'll have added some sheer 'curtains' (actual fabric) to the actual "real" painting, to give one of my close friends one more window at his place. Inspite of my apparent struggle with working with gouache, I did find myself thinking that I really need to start working on larger boards, start committing to "real" versions.

There are more from this session, actually, but I need to spend some time writing up one particular story... Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Nina Berry said...

Wow. That one of the grass is just wonderful. Not that I don't appreciate the more psychedelic ocean too! Great stuff, Wen.

Gerald de Dios said...

I love how the backgrounds turned out on these paintings. Nice job.