Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Breezy afternoon



On campus for online registration training. No other faculty showed for that particular day’s session, so I did a one-on-one, in all of about 5 minutes. The mailer they sent seems like it’d be more than sufficient to explain how to use the new system, and yet there I was, wondering where the heck everyone else was. I had to be out in Pasadena to teach later at night anyway, but, gee, I wouldn’t have minded knowing that I didn’t really need to worry about going for training, all the same.

Anyway, the campus is quiet as the students are on break for a coupl'a weeks, and the cafeteria patio was more relaxing than normal, cool late afternoon breezes. I feel like I've drawn this tree before, wrapped up in strands of holiday lights ...

Arty note:
I need to start taking along my water-soluble graphite pencil(s) again...

2 comments:

Desiree's Designs said...

Hey Wendee, Thanks for all your comments on my plein aire stuff lately. I like your drawings so much! It is definitly a challenge to paint a whole scene, havent figured it out yet. Are you close to me yet?? keep in touch, maybe we could do a paint day and lunch!

Wendee said...

Thanks :). Yes, I'm closer to you! Things are crazy - when they are a little less so, we should indeed do a paint day and lunch! :)