Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Carbo loading


opaque w/c, M'skine sketchbook

It's still warm here in SoCal, but I think the autumn routines are kicking in. I feel the urge to cook up a big pot of stuff on Sunday nights and have that on hand to keep life easy at the start of the week. By the end of the week, after all, we're heading out for Mexican food and muy grande margaritas... mmmm. Margaritas... And for sure, that makes up for all the PB&J sandwiches I eat; dinner the other nights, on my way to school. Weary sigh.

And it always seems significant when I get the urge to put together italian meat sauce. Something very soothing in the chopping, crumbling up spices, opening all those cans of tomato product, stirring.

Mmmmm.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm. magaritas indeed. now i want one. same way here in NoOhio ... I'm getting ready to make lasagna. Definitely not a summer meal. love the drawing.