Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fire, Ash, and sighs in the wind

It’s hard to feel … impish … when Southern California is burning. I’ve lived in SoCal for 20 years now, making it the longest I’ve lived anywhere. Long enough to have grown roots! When I hear of the canyon road closures – Topanga, Kanan, Malibu Canyon – I used to commute on those roads just a year ago. Long drives up Pacific Coast Highway after days at work, winding through the canyons at night to get home.

That part of stretch of PCH was a soothing ritual, and the thought of it, and so much more of Southern California, burning – it makes my heart a bit heavy and fretful. Fire, ash, dangerous gusts, closed highways... Be safe out there.

1 comments:

Desiree's Designs said...

I hate these fires too, and we have family involved. Hope it ends soon, thank God the winds have stopped. I am tagging you, please forgive me if you hate this, its my first time. check this out for more info
http://myclothesline.blogspot.com/2007/10/i.html