Monday, January 10, 2011

Running update

Here's an update about how my running is going. I've been posting running details at a separate blog, RunWendeeRun, somewhat irregularly (don't roll your eyes at me). You can read about my sore ankle, crunchy knees and weekly summaries there if you want. Or would you rather that I post there and here, simultaneously? Hmmm.

I've been using the Couch-to-5K training schedule and just finished off week 6. The idea is to go from sitting around on a couch to running a 5K, continuously, in 9 weeks. I'm at a point in the program where I'm supposed to be running about 2.5 miles, continuously. Geh! I've gotten to where I'm feeling good about doing the 8- to 10-minute intervals, but haven't quite gotten the 'continuously' part for the two last weeks' long runs. And this concerns me a bit.


If all goes as planned, I'll finish up Week 9 of training at the end of the month. My goal is to run my 5K the first weekend of February, one week later. I'm not quite convinced that I'll be running those particular 3.1 miles continuously, to the point where I've held off writing and sending a letter to ask for support for my cause (I know! Egh!).  I could walk the 5K if I had to, so I'm biting the bullet and writing my letter (running out of time) and am going to keep puttering along with training until I can run it all in one go.

I'll post my letter this week. Until then, leave me some good, hearty comments! Whew! I could sure use 'em! Thanks!

0 comments: