Friday, January 07, 2011

Reverb10: Try

I'm taking inspiration from a 31-day blogging challenge called reverb10, responding to writing prompts that are designed to allow bloggers to reflect on 2010 and to send out reverberations for 2011. Yes, I'm sorta running behind. You can find out more about it here.

Prompt 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? ... (Author: Kaileen Elise)

On our recent long flights across the Pacific, 'Eat Pray Love' played twice. Coming and going. While watching, without the audio, both times (I really enjoyed the book, but was tepid, at best, about the movie), I found myself longing – – really longing – – to do two things:

– to paint acrylics/oils (ie, opaquely)
– to run (the 5K. Much more on this later, I promise. This falls in the: "Do or do not. There is no try" category).

And in retrospect, another thing we discovered a longing for that might be nice to try: a portable DVD player for future flights.

0 comments: