Monday, January 10, 2011

Norman Schureman Memorial Scholarship

To my dear Bloggy Friends:
I wanted to let you know about a personal project of mine and to ask your support.
I’ve been getting back into running and have been training to complete my first (this time around) race, The Rose Bowl 5K, on February 6. To be honest, I wish this were easier; it’s been a test not only of my legs and lungs, but this time, of my will, as well. Fortunately, deep and unwavering inspiration came from an unexpected source: I’m running to celebrate and honor the memory of Norm Schureman.
Norman Schureman was a beloved instructor at Art Center College of Design, in Pasadena California, where I graduated from and now teach. A tragic accident took Norm’s life early last spring. He was a colleague, mentor and friend of hundreds of Art Center students, faculty, staff and alumni. We have missed him so very much.
Art Center established the Norman Schureman Memorial Scholarship which will be available to incoming Product Design students. Our college President, Lorne Buchman, said in a blog post, “One of the ways the College can be true to his memory is to make sure young creatives have access to pursue a first-rate design education.”
Here’s the deal I’d like to make with you: I’ll put in the sweat if you donate to Norm’s Memorial Scholarship fund. In doing so, we both celebrate Norm’s life and help to ensure that his legacy continues.
- Click on the link below to get to Art Center’s donation page.
- Scroll down and under 'Area of Support / Degree Program Scholarships' select the Norman Schureman Memorial Scholarship. Give what you’re comfortable giving.
- At the very bottom, under 'Confirmation' please add words of encouragement in the ‘Additional Comments' section (something like: In support of runner Wendee Lee!), so that I can acknowledge your support of both my run and of the Norm Scholarship.  
[Click here!]


Please email me if you'd like to mail in a printed form.
If you’ve already given, thank you.
If you can’t give, please consider running or walking with me or send a note to cheer me on! I’d love the company and support.
Thank you! xox- Wendee

0 comments: